The Weaver’s Guild of Miami Valley is incorporated as a not-for-profit educational organization. Our members have many interests including weaving, spinning, needle felting, dyeing, knitting, lace-making, rug hooking, and sewing. We meet monthly between September in June. Monthly meetings usually include a business meeting, program, refreshments and show and tell. The December meeting is a holiday party, and the June meeting is a picnic and “weft over” sale.
In addition to the monthly meetings we hold 2-3 workshops per year conducted by members or nationally known teachers. We also get together for share days where you can bring any project you are working on. These are typically held at member’s homes.
Bylaws and Policies
- Bylaws & Policies as of 2012: Can be found at the linked .PDF.
- Position Descriptions: A complete description of the officer positions for the guild is available in the linked .PDF.
Board of Directors (2018-2019)
- President: Carol Baugh
- Vice President : Kay Bertrand
- Secretary: Virginia Moody
- Treasurer: Karen Schnee
- Trustees: Karen Camden, Deneen Perry
Webmaster: Rebecca Low
Facebook Admin: Leslie Edens