- October 14-15: Letty Klein gives a program at the Friday meeting, 7pm, about the Shepherd’s Braided Rug and how to use your leftover wools you’ve collected. On Saturday and Sunday you get to make a rug. She will have roving for sale if you haven’t bought any at the Wool Gathering. You’ll need from 3 to 4 lbs. for the small rug. She has a materials kit for the workshop so you can sew it together. Letty will launder everyone’s rovings so they felt correctly. All held at the Bethel Church, Glaesner Hall. Workshop 9a-5pm. We can work out the starting time for workshop!
- January 13th: Anne Berdanier on Naalbinding, a Scandinavian style of finger-weaving cloth. We’ll hold a short workshop on making a small item to learn the basic stitch. The workshop will be from 1pm to 3pm and the materials kit will be $5 each with the flat needle and items needed. 6 to 8 student spaces with three helpers to sit among you showing the stitch! We will be at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner hall in Hustead.
- March 10-11: Pat Maley; master spinner from the Hand Weavers guild of America, will be holding a workshop one day on Cotton: 10 Ways To Spin It, and the other on Spinning Bast Fi-bers: Ramie, Hemp, Bast Bamboo, Flax.
- April 9-10: Bobbie Irwin is coming from the workshop she is giving at the Cincinnati Guild to hold ours. On Monday and Tuesday we will have the workshop on Iridescent Weaves. After the Tuesday workshop we will have our regular meeting later at 7pm. Bobbie Irwin will give a program about the Iridescent Weaves and how they are made. There will be four sizes of warp: 9” width $18, 12” width $24, 15” width is $30, 18” width is $36. The warp and weft are mailed in wound balls. The size of the warp determines the number of colors in the warp. The 9” has 3 colors, 12”- 4 colors, 15” – 5 colors, and 18” – 6 colors. Workshop is now closed. Held at the Glaesner Hall.
- May 19-20: Program and Workshop -”Ancient Dyes for Rainbows” on Natural Dyeing by Carol Brack-Kaiser Leigh. 6 – 8 dye pots. Workshop will cover mordant preparation, specific extraction processes for each dye to obtain rainbow of colors, also after-baths, on wool loops for every student, which can be labeled and also used in varied projects of your choice. Held outside at the Hustead Firehouse. Cost is $100.20, 2 spaces are still open. There are 10 signed up – 12 spaces total.
- February 27: Papermaking with Paper Alice
- March 12: Spindle, Sticks & Whorls by Lois Swales
- April 30-May 1: Deb Todhunter’s Shadow Weave Class Location to be announced.
- IMPORTANT: The Joy Selby Cain workshop on Wet-Finishing Handwovens has been postponed until next year owing to unforseen circumstances. (Get well soon, Joy!)
NOTE: These events are subject to change at any time, as cancellations or location changes may be necessary. Our facebook page will likely have the most current information for these last minute changes. If you have any questions, please email Leslie Edens at email@example.com