- October 14-15: Letty Klein gives a program at the Friday meeting, 7pm, about the Shepherd’s Braided Rug and how to use your leftover wools you’ve collected. On Saturday and Sunday you get to make a rug. She will have roving for sale if you haven’t bought any at the Wool Gathering. You’ll need from 3 to 4 lbs. for the small rug. She has a materials kit for the workshop so you can sew it together. Letty will launder everyone’s rovings so they felt correctly. All held at the Bethel Church, Glaesner Hall. Workshop 9a-5pm. We can work out the starting time for workshop!
- November 13th: Anne Berdanier on Naalbinding, a Scandinavian style of finger-weaving cloth. We’ll hold a short workshop on making a small item to learn the basic stitch. The workshop will be from 1pm to 3pm and the materials kit will be $5 each with the flat needle and items needed. 6 to 8 student spaces with three helpers to sit among you showing the stitch!
- March 10-11: Pat Maley; master spinner from the Hand Weavers guild of America, will be holding a workshop one day on Cotton: 10 Ways To Spin It, and the other on Spinning Bast Fi-bers: Ramie, Hemp, Bast Bamboo, Flax.
- April 9-10: Bobbie Irwin is coming from the workshop she is giving at the Cincinnati Guild to hold ours. On Monday and Tuesday we will have the workshop on Iridescent Weaves. The first day of the workshop will be held, with the program and meeting happening later in the evening.
- May 12-13: Workshop on Natural Dyeing by Carol Brack-Kaiser Leigh (In planning stage)
- February 27: Papermaking with Paper Alice
- March 12: Spindle, Sticks & Whorls by Lois Swales
- April 30-May 1: Deb Todhunter’s Shadow Weave Class Location to be announced.
- IMPORTANT: The Joy Selby Cain workshop on Wet-Finishing Handwovens has been postponed until next year owing to unforseen circumstances. (Get well soon, Joy!)
NOTE: These events are subject to change at any time, as cancellations or location changes may be necessary. Our facebook page will likely have the most current information for these last minute changes. If you have any questions, please email Leslie Edens at email@example.com