October 12 – Leslie Arendt – “Fashions Through the Ages”. Costume program showing styles during
the 1770-1880’s. Leslie has recreated the real patterns and sewn these costumes. The history of clothing
and fabrics is fascinating. She has four models to help present her program. Friday, Glaesner Hall.
November – Robin Spady – “Cutting Loose with Tied Weaves” Nov. 9 – Friday lecture, workshop Sat.
10, Sun. 11. The types of weaves presented are Summer & Winter, Taquete, Samitum, and Quigley. You
will work at your own loom. You can choose a 4, 5, 7, or 8 shaft threading. You can use 3/2, 5/2 or 10/2
cotton and thread as many repeats as you want. The class holds places for 16 folks and is now closed. The
workshop Chairman is Diana Nelson. Held at Glaesner Hall.
December 11 – Holiday Party with canned goods donation to the Fairborn Food Pantry. Pot Luck on
Tuesday at 6pm, Glaesner Hall
January: Planning to join the guild Round Robin in February? IF so, it is now time to get your draft to
Karen Schnee. Please get them to her ASAP so that she can do all that needs to be done to produce the
wonderful sample books we bring home.
January 8, 2019 -7pm “Computer Support for Weavers” Karen Schnee will introduce us to the
“WeaveIt” program that she enjoys. We’ll have a sign-up sheet for a half-day workshop (Jan. 12) on how
to use it & other programs. Learn with ease to use computer support for warping patterns, and using colors
& weaves, different treadlings. John Bryan Center (Saturday teachers: Gail Larvenz, Diana Nelson &
January 26, Saturday – Loom Warping Demo Diana Nelson will demo how to warp your loom back to
front/front to back and use a trapeze – No acrobatics involved! JBC 12 to 4pm
February 16-17 – Favorite Weaves – Round robin workshop. Come share, experiment, learn with other
helpful guild members. Work on interesting patterns and bring home a book of samples for future works.
Glaesner Hall. No fee except for cost due to Karen for the notebook. To be figured out.
March 15, 16 – Learn Locker-Hooking with Kathy Krisher of Dream Weaver Fibers. Program on Friday
and workshop on Saturday. More information to come. Glaesner Hall.
April – Deb Todhunter – “Red and White Checks” Friday – 26 program, Saturday 27 and Sunday 28
workshop. Here is an opportunity to explore a variety of weave structures & effects with the theme of red
& white threads. There will be 2,4,6, and 8 shaft patterns in waffle, log cabin, Bronson, overshot, twill &
more. Workshop limited to 18, fee to be determined. $50 materials fee. Glaesner Hall.
May 14 – Rigid Heddle Weaving with Nancy Niemeyer. She will give
demonstrations and show examples. JBC
June 11 – Weft-Over Sale and Picnic. Tuesday at 6pm, Glaesner Hall
- September 12- Show and Tell- What did we do over the summer?
- October 13- Letty Klein-Shepard’s Braided Rugs- Meeting at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- November 14th- DeDe Heeter- Ireland trip program
- December 12th- Holiday Party- 6PM at the Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- January 12th- Naalbinding with Anne Berdanier at the Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- February 13th- To be announced
- March 11th- Pat Maley; Master Spinner- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- April 10th- Bobbie Irwin- Iridescent Weaves- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- May 18th-Carol Brack-Kaiser Leigh-: History of Natural Dyes Used in Early America- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall
- June 12th- Picnic and Weftover Sale- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead