Meetings and workshop locations
JBC – John Bryan Community Center
100 Dayton St., Yellow Springs, OH 45387 on the 2nd floor at the large two door room toward the front of the building. Our Library is kept here in the smaller room next door.
BLC – Bethel Lutheran Church, at their Glaesner Community Center Hall next-door.
2731 W Jackson Rd, Springfield, OH 45502 At the corner of Hwy 68 (Springfield/Xenia Rd.) and Jackson Rd. in Hustead, OH in sight of Young’s Golden Jersey Inn restaurant across the street.
January: Planning to join the guild Round Robin in February? IF so, it is now time to get your draft to Karen Schnee. Please get them to her ASAP so that she can do all that needs to be done to produce the wonderful sample books we bring home.
January 12, 2019 – 12pm -2pm JBC
“Hands-On instruction for the iWeaveIt App”
Karen Schnee teaches how to use the application for use on the i-Phone only, not a desk-top. Please read this month’s newsletter to be ready for class and buy the app.
January 26, 2019 – 12pm -4pm JBC
“Warping Without Tears”
Karen Schnee will demonstrate how to make a warp. Then two groups will form for a Back to Front or Front to Back warping demo. Must sign up.
February 12, 2019 – 7pm JBC
Finalize our discussion about WGMV finances.
No speaker is scheduled for the meeting. Bring whatever you want to work on – weaving, spinning, knitting, etc.
February 16-17 2019 – 9am- 4pm BLC
“Favorite Weaves – Round robin workshop”
Come share, experiment, learn with other helpful guild members. Work on interesting patterns and bring home a book of samples for future works. No fee except for cost due to Karen for the notebook. To be figured out.
March 15, 16 2019 – BLC
Learn Locker-Hooking with Kathy Krisher of Dream Weaver Fibers. Program on Friday and workshop on Saturday. More information to come.
April – Deb Todhunter – “Red and White Checks” Friday – 26 program, Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 workshop. Here is an opportunity to explore a variety of weave structures & effects with the theme of red
& white threads. There will be 2,4,6, and 8 shaft patterns in waffle, log cabin, Bronson, overshot, twill & more. Workshop limited to 18, fee to be determined. $50 materials fee. Glaesner Hall. SOLD OUT
May 14 2019 – 7pm JBC
– Rigid Heddle Weaving with Nancy Niemeyer. She will give
demonstrations and show examples.
June 11 2019 – 6 pm BLC
Weft-Over Sale and Picnic. Tuesday at 6pm, Glaesner Hall
2018-2019 Programs (past)
- October 12 – Leslie Arendt – “Fashions Through the Ages”. Costume program showing styles during the 1770-1880’s.
- November – Robin Spady – “Cutting Loose with Tied Weaves” Nov. 9 – Friday lecture, workshop Sat. 10, Sun. 11. The types of weaves presented are Summer & Winter, Taquete, Samitum, and Quigley.
- December 11 – Holiday Party with canned goods donation to the Fairborn Food Pantry. Pot Luck on Tuesday at 6pm, Glaesner Hall
- January 8, 2019 – 7pm JBC “Do I really need weaving software?”
- September 12- Show and Tell- What did we do over the summer?
- October 13- Letty Klein-Shepard’s Braided Rugs- Meeting at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- November 14th- DeDe Heeter- Ireland trip program
- December 12th- Holiday Party- 6PM at the Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- January 12th- Naalbinding with Anne Berdanier at the Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- February 13th- To be announced
- March 11th- Pat Maley; Master Spinner- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- April 10th- Bobbie Irwin- Iridescent Weaves- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead
- May 18th-Carol Brack-Kaiser Leigh-: History of Natural Dyes Used in Early America- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall
- June 12th- Picnic and Weftover Sale- at Bethel Lutheran Church’s Glaesner Hall in Hustead