Meetings and workshop locations
JBC – John Bryan Community Center
100 Dayton St., Yellow Springs, OH 45387 on the 2nd floor at the large two door room toward the front of the building. Our Library is kept here in the smaller room next door.
BLC – Bethel Lutheran Church, at their Glaesner Community Center Hall next-door.
2731 W Jackson Rd, Springfield, OH 45502 At the corner of Hwy 68 (Springfield/Xenia Rd.) and Jackson Rd. in Hustead, OH in sight of Young’s Golden Jersey Inn restaurant across the street.
Sept 10, 7 pm JBC
Show and Tell – Bring all the wonderful things you’ve worked on over the summer!
Oct 8, 7pm JBC
“Continuous Weaving with Antonia Harter”, Program
Antonia Harter will show us how to weave with the Continuous Strand Weaving technique on small and larger looms. She’ll show us items she has made: shawls, hats, wool hot pads, etc.
Oct 12, 9am-5pm at Shelley Stevens home she will contact students
“Continuous Weaving on little looms with Antonia Harter” , Workshop
Nov 15, 7pm BLC
Deborah Silver, Program
Deborah Silver will show us examples of Beiderwand Split Shed weaves and explain how it is made.
Nov 16, BLC
“Split Shed Beiderwand weaving with Deborah Silver”, Workshop
Dec 10, BLC
Jan 14, 7pm JBC
“The history of Tatting with Ann Segrest”, Program
After our meeting we will host Ann Siegrest, a renowned local tatter who will give a program on the history of tatting and show examples of this lace work and how it is made with a shuttle.
Feb 14, 7pm BLC
Business meeting, prgram TBD
Feb 15-16 BLC
Favorite Weaves – Round Robin Workshop
Mar 13, 7pm BLC
We will welcome Barb Gallagher from Weaver’s Loft who will give a program on Weaving Tips Tricks and Tools (with audience participation)
Mar 14, BLC
“Waffle Weave with Barb Gallagher”, Workshop
Apr 14, 7pm JBC
“Using a blending board with Rebecca Low”, Program
Rebecca Low will teach us how she blends fibers & colors on a blending board.
May 11-13, BLC
Jennifer Moore, Workshop
Jun 9, 6pm BLC
Annual Weft Over Picnic
2018-2019 Programs (past)
- October 12 – Leslie Arendt – “Fashions Through the Ages”. Costume program showing styles during the 1770-1880’s.
- November 9-11- Robin Spady – “Cutting Loose with Tied Weaves” The types of weaves presented are Summer & Winter, Taquete, Samitum, and Quigley.
- December 11 – Holiday Party with canned goods donation to the Fairborn Food Pantry.
- January 8 “Do I really need weaving software?”
- January 26 “Warping Without Tears”
- February 16-17 “Favorite Weaves – Round robin workshop”
- March 2 “Hands-On instruction for the iWeaveIt App”
- March 16 “Learn Locker-Hooking” Workshop with Kathy Krisher of Dream Weaver Fibers.
- April 26 – 28 ” Red and White weaves ”
- May 14 “Rigid Heddle Weaving” with Nancy Niemeyer
- June 11 Weft over sale and picnic